Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Reaction to Japan and Changing Impressions via Visual Anthropology

Through this class visual anthropology of Japan, my way of looking at my county has completely changed. before taking this class, I was thinking Japan is really international country in terms of buildings,  modern technology,  fashion, culture.  As I am taking this class, I became to see my country more critically. I became to pay attention on how people from abroad see my country, and compare what is the differences between their culture and Japanese culture.
Japanese culture is really related to nature, and

modern and traditional parts are really close each other. As I wrote about Japanese modern and traditional houses, Japanese culture has developed and introduced by western culture, but traditional Japanese culture is still close to modern culture.
  In terms of Japanese people, they are really group oriented and likely to keep harmony in the group. they are really protective to themselves. they use phone all the time to communicate.
  On the train, people use phone or read book to check information or avoid getting involved in any troubles.
  they are really sensitive to their fashion in school. they care of how they are seen by other people. they tend to care the reputation from others. Therefore, they are really sensitive to their fashion.
these are what I have observed from this blog project and through visual anthropology.
Through this four month of this course, I became more to be  interested in
how Japan is different and what foreigner and native Japanese people perceive
about Japan, and It was really good opportunity to learn visual anthropology.

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice overview of your blog since the beginning of the semester. I might like to read more details about your changing reflections. And I would like to see different, new pictures to go along with them.

    ReplyDelete